Phuket, Karon is the second longest beach with 5 km of superb white sand and crystal clear waters from November to April.Karon is located some 3 km from the south of Patong and directly north of Kata Beach. It offers decent dining options, vibrant nightlife, and plenty of beach activities like snorkeling, water sports – jet skiing and parasailing, and traditional Thai massage.
WHERE TO STAY IN KARON BEACH:
- Two great hotels right on the beach you should consider if the price is right for you: Beyond Resort Karon and Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket . Two other resorts with good ratings just with a street to cross to reach the beach (with lots of seaview rooms) are Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach and Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.
- Then you have a myriad of smaller hotels all around the place, you shouldn’t have a problem to find accommodation according to your budget. For something a little more upmarket is a nice semi outdoor space, have a look at El Gaucho inside Movenpick Resort.
Attractions around Karon Beach:
- Karon Beach Temple at the end on Soi Patak is nice and often has local fun fairs and markets. Never miss a chance to visit these, they are full of photo opportunities and fun thing to try, games to play and weird food to buy
Karon beach nightlife:
- Angus O’Tool is also a long time Irish pub and the area is peppered with tiny beer bars such as Clapton Bar, and a small ‘Soi Bangla‘ type or alley. Nothing really exciting, but the place is very lively.
- Probably the best view in the whole Karon is On The Rocks near the stadium. More casual is EAT Bar & Grill Restaurant and for seafood you can chose a real restaurant by the lake called Mama or one of the many seafood stalls by the street that are actually cheaper and a lot of fun. For comfort international food, Two Chefs and Karon Cafe are very popular.
Map of Karon Beach